Why is there not a place on the external calibration screen for the "measurement of uncertainty?

UOM's are becoming more and more popular in the world of ISO. Our 17025 standards are changing next year and now will require UOM's on all equipment being used to obtain data for our labs.  This is something I have fought with for about three years and honestly have no experience with.  It just seems that PQsystems would have a field in the external calibration screen for inputing the UOM and that will stay with that gauge wherever and whenever it is used as a master.  Next,  when I am putting in the data for a calibration, the last column where I enter the raw numbers has the UOM and stays current and is displayed on my certificates.

Example:

I have an 8ft Steel Ruler that is my master.  The calibration frequency is two years.  After I send it out and the cert report comes back in, I should be able to record the new UOM and it then should auto placed into all my calibrations that use the master steel ruler.

When I verify a 16ft steel tape and I am entering the raw data, that column in the calibration screen should change according to the new date on the master steel rule with the new UOM.

This would be easier than having to manually input new UOM's for 5500 pieces of equipment.

I hope this is clear to understand.  Does anyone else deal with UOM's?  And if so, how do you update the information?