Barcode Labels and Workflows in GAGEpack [2/20/2020]

PQ SystemsPQ Systems PQ Systems Employee
edited March 9 in Quality Webinars

Barcode Labels and Workflows in GAGEpack 

February 20, 2020 11:00 am – 11:30 am ET

Saving time and being more efficient at work is on everyone's mind. How can I do my job faster and easier? One method is to use barcode labels on your gages. Using barcodes allows for faster finding and editing of gage cards, as well as launching events without hassle. Devoting less energy to lookups and mouse-clicks can add up over time!  

Join our expert, Eric Gasper, as he reviews the barcoding options within GAGEpack. In this 30-minute webinar, you will learn:

• How to configure and print barcode labels
  • How to utilize the barcode command page to launch events
  • The difference between 1D and 2D barcode methodologies
  • Example workflows and how they can benefit your team
View Recording

Comments

• When scanning a check-out/in event, is it possible to add a location where the gage was checked out/in to/from? And have that recorded in the event?
  • Eric GEric G PQ Systems Employee
    Hi @dylannDMC

Great question! When you scan the Check In or Check Out barcode command and then a gage the correct event window will appear on the screen. From there you can interact with the fields as normal - meaning you can pick a Location from the drop-down or you can type in a new Location as needed. When you hit OK on the event that will update the Current Location on the Gage Card. 

If you use the Quick Check In/Out barcode then the Status and Location will be automatically set based on your predefined preferences. You can set those in the Barcodes settings area (File - Settings, Local settings - Barcodes). The Quick Check In/Out is ideal when:
    1. The Status and Location are always defaulted to the same value
    2. The event window doesn't pop-up. So the end user just scans one of the "Quick" commands, then the gage, and the event is automatically recorded - no pop-up window and nothing extra to fill out!
    I hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have additional questions and thanks for attending today's webinar!
  • Are you aware of any scanner apps that will allow you to interface with GAGEpack using a smart phone instead of using a corded barcode reader?